DIY Bird Feeding Station
Do you love watching birds in your yard? Do you want to attract birds to that yard? It is fascinating to watch them building nests and chasing each other around. That’s hard work, so it is a good deed if we can help them out by providing a little extra food. If you live in an area full of birds. A bird feeding station will allow you to watch those pretty birds up close.
You do not have to go out and buy an expensive bird feeding station. Not to mention that seeds will cost a little. Most bird feeders take just a little time and very little money to build it themselves. You can easily build one yourself.
This article will teach you how to build one out of reusable materials and create an art installation that is just pretty and useful. It is really a great way to enjoy wildlife and make your feathered friends so happy.
What do you need?
Here is the list of supplies you will need to make an adorable DIY Bird Feeding station:
- Three pieces of wood cut to 14.25″ l x 5.5″ w (long piece)
- Three pieces of wood cut to 5.5 “x 5.25” (short piece)
- A small glass or plastic dish
- Reusable bottles (glass\plastic)
- Wood glue
- Small L brackets and screws
- Drill with a small bit
- Paint (optional)
- Screw-in hook
- Bird seed
Note: This supply list is for one bird feeding station with three feeders.
These are the simple procedures that you need to follow:
- Attach each piece of wood (long and short) with glue. Let them dry, and you will get three wooden L-shaped pieces.
- Secure the wooden pieces with L-brackets. You can use tape to hold in place while pre-drilling.
- Depending on the length of the bottle used, mark the wood and drill holes for the wire.
- Now you can paint the L-shaped pieces with the colors you love.
- Apply a little bit of glue to stick the three plates over each piece of wood and let them dry.
- Insert the wire into the holes you have created and hold the bottle well behind the piece of wood.
- Secure the screw-in hook to the top of the pieces.
- Fill the bottle with bird seeds.
- Choose a suitable place in your yard to hang the Feeders.
- Always fill your bird feeding station, and you’ll have hungry visitors all the year.
Now, your bird feeding station is ready, sit back and wait. It won’t be long till you have a host of birds feeding at your new bird feeding station.
Here are some great examples of bird feeders that other bird lovers have designed: