It is a well-known fact that pets significantly boost your mood and wellbeing. Keeping pets may help a person recover from different illnesses, like depression. In an owner’s life, animals can act as anti-Depressants. So if you have a pet, treat it as a blessing. Nonetheless, housing pets will tend to disrupt our budgets. There’s a cost-effective way to build a birdcage from home.
Factors to consider during the construction of a birdcage
We must consider some factors when constructing a cage for our pet bird security.
Then, after evaluating the aspects mentioned above, you can start to build your birdcage.
Let’s get started
First, we need to take a look at materials we would need to build our bracket Bird Cage
- Scale and Pencil
- A measurement Tape
- Metal cage wire
- Circular saw
- “L” brackets
- Track nails
- Chicken wire
- Wood Glue
Let us finally go through the steps: Once you have gathered everything necessary to build a beautiful cage, you will start following the steps below and transform your pet birdhouse into a home that would make you happy.
- Cut Posts
Cut the wood using a saw to make a vertical cage post.
- Cut off Side Panels
Cut 1 x 2 timber on both sides with a saw. That would give you the two sides for the cage
- Cut the front and back finishes frames.
Cut one piece of wood for the front end and another for the back end. These are the cage’s front and rear doors.
- Cut Top / Bottom Panels
Cut the top/bottom panels for the roof and floor from top and back-end.
- Assemble all the panels eventually by using wood screws. You’re going to end up with two full front and rear doors. There are also four square frames for the sides.
- Take a Metal Caged Wire and cut it large enough to cover the frames. Use a staple gun to pin the wire to the wood frame that transforms into a panel inside. Trace the edges of the fence with silicone to prevent things from being trapped.
- Attach the front panels to the posts first, and use your decking screws to flush the ends. Connect a flush with the top and another with the bottom on each side of the panel. Then set aside the two remaining side panels to be the doors.
- Attach the top and lower panels using screws.
- Put two hinges on each side and attach the remaining two panels, one half to the door and the other half to the centerpiece on the other side panel. Therefore, there is a cage door on both sides: one on the top, which can be used to add food, and also to interact with birds, while the other on the bottom for cleaning. The lining material can be mounted as well.
- The bird cage’s central aspect is perches. Make sure that you have them in the cage at different heights. You can also add some good toys like Mirror, Ladders, and Bells for your pens. If you wish, you may also consider adding caster wheels to your post.